Or connect using:
Create an Account
Your OpenID URL:
All Related to Sexuality and Disability
Jan. 16th, 2009 @ 11:30 am
Disability + National BDSM Convention Stuff
About this Entry
Leave a comment
January 16th, 2009 06:25 am (UTC)
now onto your questions :)
1) What concerns do you have about a national BDSM convention in regards to disability?
- whether and to what extent ALL the spaces and equipment used are accessible
- whether the groups definition of accessible includes a wide range of definitions... including chemical sensitivities.
- that gimps are actively involved in the organizing and implementation of the events (and not just the "fluff" either)
- that there is sufficient time given between workshops etc to get from A to B, and that shuttles or what have you are available
- that gimps are not tokenized and invisibilized as kinky folks, and that excuses are not made for our exclusion based on time/money/energy (the usual suspects)
2) What would you love to see at a national BDSM convention in regards to disability?
- see above. in addition: promotional materials for the events (*including* any sexy/fun stuff) include images of kinky gimps; that the group has reached out to local/national gimp groups...
and fabulous kinky gimps getting their perv on.
3) Do you have anything you could contribute to a national BDSM convention in regards to disability and would you be willing to do so? (Australia only unless you're really keen to travel!)
- living in canada i could really only forward promo stuff...and wish i was there :P